March 5th, 2019 is the National Day of Empathy. This national day was founded by Van Jones, CNN political commentator. Prepare Academy and Attachment Leadership have partnered with Van Jones’ organization, Cut50, to host a Dallas, Texas event in conjunction with all 50 states + Washington, D.C.
We will all participate to increase awareness and empathy for those impacted by the criminal justice system.
Dallas, Texas will focus primarily on Restorative Juvenile Justice.
Join us as we dialogue about:
- the current state of our juvenile justice system.
- economic disparities for at-risk youth and their families.
- the impacts that trauma and poverty have on a child’s ability to learn and to function at optimal performance.
- necessary education and vocational training.
Special Invited Guest: Van Jones
Host and Panel Moderator: Dr. Trillion Small (Founder of Attachment Leadership, LLC and Prepare Academy)
- Judge Brandon Birmingham (Presiding Judge for AIM court)
- Attorney Durrand Hill (Chief Prosecutor of the Juvenile Division of the DA’s Office)
- Jessica Trudeau (Momentous Institute)
- Maria Johnson (Director, Youth and Family Innovations)
- Dallas ISD
- Dr. Terry Snow Smith (Chief Program Office of Cafe Momentum)
- Keeping Families Connected
Not only will we hear from these leaders in the community, but we will also hear from youth who have directly been impacted by the juvenile justice system.
Event Location and Contact Information
Capital Factory + The DEC
3102 Oak Lawn Ave
Dallas, TX 75219
Get directions ›
Contact: Dr. Trillion Small